With no end in sight to COVID-19, for many people, a period of remote work is looking more and more inevitable. What we thought was the norm yesterday has changed and moved to a new norm today and so forth.
Many businesses are now implementing Working-from-Home (WFH) policies to ensure business continuity and to comply with the latest Government restrictions and advice.
Here are some tools companies can use to manage this new way of working using the latest technology with employee management systems;
- Mobile App Sign in – allow your employees to sign on from home using their mobile phone and pinpoint their geo-location. You can ask them to select a pre-determined zone or add in a free text field ie. home address
- Sign in Notifications – receive an email or SMS notification when your employees sign on and off for the day or you may choose just to view this data on a live dashboard.
- Dashboards – have a clear view at any given time wherever you are of who is currently signed on or off in real-time data. View from your home PC or any smart device.
- Online Working From Home Agreements – send out electronic WFH Safety Policies and Agreements that employees need to acknowledge. Send employees automated prompts if they haven’t completed the agreement before they commence WFH (this is an automated check upon sign in using the mobile app).
- Questionnaires upon sign-on – build a questionnaire to be completed daily when employees sign-on. You can easily change the questions instantly for another day. All the data is collated into a spreadsheet and you can trigger actions automatically based on answers to any of these questions.
– Read more
Learn More About Visitor Management System
Since January 2020 those on the frontline have been working tirelessly to help combat COVID-19, we would like to express our thanks to all involved for their tireless work.
Here at WhosOnLocation we live and breathe keeping people safe and secure. We have a number of features that you can utilize within your WhosOnLocation subscription to help protect your organization while aiding the reduction and spread of COVID-19.
With recent advice to go “hands-free” as a way to combat the spread of the virus, we’ve pulled together an overview of the features within your WhosOnLocation subscription to help your employees, visitors and contractors go “hands-free” when signing into and out of your organization.
Managing Employees, Visitors, and Contractors
Utilize the power of Important Notices and Triggers to strengthen your organization’s defenses against not only COVID-19 but any threats to those in your duty of care.
We offer two types of Important Notices; acknowledgment notices and instant messages. Use Acknowledgment Notices to define your audience, period of time to be published and the frequency for the notice to be displayed. If Acknowledgement notices are not “acknowledged” guests will be unable to proceed, notify the appropriate person within your organization.
- Example: “In the last 14 days have you suffered from the flu or traveled to any of the following countries; China, Northern Italy, Japan, Iran?” Answer “Yes” or ”No”.
- If your guest answers “Yes” the appropriate people are notified and on site procedures can be taken within your organization to deny access.
Instant messages are a one-off notification that can be sent to employees, contractors, and visitors to notify of onsite process, emergencies or changes to policies – the options are endless.
- Example: Hello, to protect our employees and guests we are operating with additional measures and caution with regard to the spread of COVID-19. Please ensure you follow all onsite instructions which can be found here.
Triggers can be used to display messages, deny entry and sign in and out. One way you could utilize triggers is to understand if guests have traveled to an infected area and if they answer “yes” deny access and notify the appropriate person in your organization. Read our recent blog to learn more. – Read more
Learn More About WhosOnLocation