Expanding your business is a crucial decision that involves meticulous consideration related to a multitude of factors. These may include matters regarding strategic location, access to infrastructure, target demographic, tax policies, corporate regulations, and more. For the same reason, when you are considering Asia business expansion, you cannot rule out well-developed world city such as Hong Kong, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur and Seoul.
Why Choose Singapore As a Steppingstone for Expansion?
There is a wide variety of business advantages to expanding your corporate empire to one of the best world cities in Asia – Singapore. It is not only politically stable but is strategically located and provides a business-friendly environment for a range of industries.
- Ranked #1 for Trade Openness – When it comes to trade openness, business friendly policies, and lax corporate environment, Singapore is the top-ranked country in the region. The ease of doing business in Singapore is second to none.
- Low Corporate Tax Rates – In Singapore, corporate tax rates have a maximum cap of flat 17% that is levied on chargeable income. Compared to some other countries where the tax rate is usually between 25% and 40%, this is quite low.
- Low Personal Tax Rates for High Net Worth Individuals – If you are worried about personal tax, you should know that they start at 0% and are capped at 22% for people with personal income exceeding $320,000.
- Top-of-the-Line Infrastructure – Singapore has one of the best corporate and civil infrastructures that is highly conducive for starting a new business or expanding an existing one.
- Technologically Progressive – Most importantly, Singapore consistently ranks as one of the best countries in terms of internet speed, bandwidth, and digital infrastructure which are all crucial for modern businesses.
How Well Prepared is Singapore to be Asia’s Data Center?
Being one of the mature data center markets in the Asian Pacific region, Singapore’s data center industry is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% between 2020 and 2025 (ReportLinker, 2020). Some of the major global technology firms have invested in this vertical including Google, Facebook, Digital Realty, and China Mobile International. The public cloud market alone in Singapore is predicted to hit the mark of $2.5 billion by 2025.
Currently, 0.5% of the country’s GDP growth on annual basis is attributed to the digital economy which amounts to $8 billion. These investments by global players are going to fuel the growth at least until 2025 and beyond. Singapore is predicted to hold its rank as the major connectivity hub and colocation market in the APAC region.
Some of Singapore Regional Cloud Service Providers
- Vodien – One of the leading regional cloud service providers, Vodien delivers reliable digital signage software for popular operating systems and is specially designed for streaming high definition (4K) video at high frame rates.
- SimplerCloud – With plans starting as low as $8 a month, SimplerCloud is a great choice in Singapore for small businesses. It offers powerful servers and on the go scalability along with quick deployment and cloud management.
- USONYX – Being one of the top cloud VPS and dedicated data center services provider in Singapore, USONYX is always ready to deliver with its 6 pre-built apps and distros to ensure all types of business requirements are met.
LayerStack – Emerging Singapore-Based Cloud Service Provider
There are major players in the region in the cloud market, but you want a cloud provider like LayerStack if you need highly tailored solutions according to your business needs (LayerStack, 2020). Here’s why you want LayerStack as your cloud solutions partner.
- Cost Efficient – When it comes to the annual price of cloud services for a similar plan, LayerStack leaves all of its competitors behind with an affordable yearly expense of only $412. Compared to that, AWS costs $605, Azure costs $1,100, and Google Cloud more than $1,300 (LayerStack Blog, 2020).
- Unlimited Traffic – All LayerStack servers deliver unlimited bandwidth for your traffic that is subject to Fair Usage Policy. However, if the limit is reached, your services continue to be functional albeit at a throttled transfer speed.
- Exceptional Uptime – LayerStack guarantees 99.95% SLA through redundant networking and a variety of upstream suppliers so your business operations stay up and running.
- China Direct CN2 Route – Our support for ChinaNet 2 brings you exceptional low latency, excellent resilience, and high redundancy along with direct connections to all leading ISPs through fiber optic data transfer.
- Full Access & Control – The cloud service provider delivers root administrator access to your business to grant you full rights to the server so you can control configurations, networks, and apps.
LayerStack stands out with its highly tailored and customizable cloud solutions. The committed team delivers the right blend of reliability, affordability, scalability, and client-oriented experience.
LayerStack (2020) LayerStack Official Website [Online] Available at: https://www.layerstack.com/ [Accessed at 20th September 2020]
LayerStack Blog (2020) Comparison of Cloud Computing Brands [Online] Available at: https://blog.layerstack.com/comparison-of-cloud-computing-brands/ [Accessed at 20th September 2020]
ReportLinker (2020) Singapore Data Center Market – Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2020-2025 [Online] Available at: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05918014/Singapore-Data-Center-Market-Investment-Analysis-and-Growth-Opportunities.html?utm_source=GNW [Accessed at 20th September 2020]
Learn More About Layerstack