There are only 365 days in any given year (unless it’s a Leap Year). If you want to make the most of those days, it’s important to plan ahead and take a closer look at what the next year will look like. This means asking questions like “How many work days will there be in 2023?”
In 2023, there are 249 work days. The other 116 days of the year consist of weekend days and Federal holidays. While some holidays fall on the weekend, there are also quite a few weekday holidays scattered throughout the year.
Now is the perfect time to look at your calendar and think about how you want to use your days off. Whether you’re hoping to take a vacation or want to spend more time on your hobbies, here’s what you can expect from the year ahead.
How Many Working Days In a Year Will There Be In 2023?
There’s only so much time in a day, and on work days, we have less time for other activities. You can use your time more efficiently if you figure out when you’ll be working and when you’ll have time off. So how many work days are there in 2023?
2023 has a total of 249 workdays. In total, there are 105 weekend days and 11 public holidays. Depending on the month, there are anywhere between 19 and 23 work days per month.
February is the shortest month of the year, and it’s also the day with the least work days. In addition to weekends, President’s Day, which takes place on Monday, February 20th, 2023, is a public holiday. March and August are tied for the most working days, with a total of 23 work days in both months.
It’s important to keep in mind that these calculations are based on the number of public holidays in the year. If you work in the private sector, you may have additional days off, such as the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Depending on the industry you work in, your employer may ask you to work on certain holidays. Federal jobs require employers to pay holiday pay, and Massachusetts and Rhode Island also have holiday pay laws. While it isn’t legally required, many private employers in other states also offer some sort of holiday pay.
Is 2023 a Leap Year?
Leap years happen every four years and include an extra day in February, bringing the total number of days in the year to 366. The last leap year was in 2020, and the next will be in 2024, which means that 2023 is not a leap year. In 2024, the number of working days will be 250.
How Many Work Hours Are There in 2023?
If you’re asking questions like “How many business days are there in 2023?,” you may also have questions about the number of working hours in the year. The number of work days comes out to 249, but how many hours of work does that add up to?
With 249 work days, the total number of work hours in 2023 is 1,992. That calculation assumes that you’ll be working 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week. That’s slightly below the total number of work hours in 2022, which was 2,000.
Federal Holidays In 2023
There are a total of 11 federal holidays in the United States. This is a slight increase from previous years, when there were 10 holidays. On June 17, 2021, Juneteenth was officially made a federal holiday, bringing the total number of holidays up to 11.
Some holidays, like Independence Day and Veterans Day, take place on the same day each year. Other holidays, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, can take place on different days depending on the year.
Here’s when each holiday falls in 2023:
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, January 1st
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday, January 16th
- President’s Day – Monday, February 20th
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29th
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19th
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4th
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4th
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 9th
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 10th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 23rd
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25th
When holidays fall on working days, like New Year’s Day does in 2023, that holiday is typically observed on the nearest weekday. For example, if a holiday falls on a Saturday, it will usually be observed that Friday. If holidays occur on a Sunday, they’re generally observed that Monday. This means that New Year’s will be observed on Monday, January 2nd in 2023.
In certain states, there are also state holidays that are days off for state employees. For example, Texas Independence Day is observed in Texas on March 2nd. Maine and Massachusetts observe Patriots Day on the 3rd Monday of April. In 2023, it will fall on Monday, April 17th.
Now that you know how many workdays there are in 2023, you’ll be able to plan ahead and make the most of the upcoming year. While there are 249 work days, there are also 105 weekend days and 11 holidays. That adds up to 1,992 work hours.
By looking at the work week and the year ahead, you’ll be able to use your time wisely. If you’re planning spending time learning a new skill or want to visit family, you can check your calendar and find the best times for these activities. From weekends to holidays to business days, you’ll be prepared to have a fantastic year!
Bonus: 5 Tips for Staying Organized and Boosting Your Productivity
Feeling overwhelmed and disorganized can be a major roadblock to productivity. It can be difficult to get things done when you’re constantly searching for lost items or forgetting about important tasks. That’s why it’s so important to develop good organizational habits. In this post, we’ll share five tips to help you stay organized and boost your productivity. From creating a daily schedule to decluttering your workspace, these strategies will help you stay on top of your tasks and get more done
- Create a daily schedule: Having a clear plan for your day can help you prioritize your tasks and make sure you’re using your time effectively. Consider setting aside specific blocks of time for different activities, such as work, exercise, and leisure.
- Declutter your workspace: A cluttered desk can be a major distraction and make it hard to focus on your tasks. Take some time to tidy up your workspace and get rid of anything that you don’t need.
- Use a to-do list: A to-do list can help you keep track of your tasks and ensure that you don’t forget anything important. Consider using a paper-based list or a digital app to help you stay organized.
- Set achievable goals: Setting specific, achievable goals can help you stay motivated and on track. Make sure your goals are realistic and break them down into smaller tasks that you can tackle one at a time.
- Take regular breaks: Working nonstop can lead to burnout and decreased productivity. Make sure to take regular breaks to rest and recharge. Consider using the Pomodoro Technique, which involves working for 25 minutes followed by a short break. This can help you stay focused and avoid burnout.
- Utilize productivity apps: There are many apps available that can help you stay organized and manage your time more effectively. Consider using a calendar app to schedule appointments and events, a to-do list app to track your tasks, or a project management app to organize your work. These tools can be especially useful for people who need to collaborate with others or who work remotely.