Are you thinking about how a DaaS provider can help you?
Desktop as a Service is a cloud-based technology offering you virtual desktops on a remote server. This technology is similar to Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which hosts every office desktop on an on-premise server. This server manages the RAM, storage, resources, and every other requirement of office desktops. The on-premise server also ensures load balancing and helps meet the performance requirements of the office.
Desktop as a Service is a VDI infrastructure on the cloud. Your desktops are virtually hosted and managed by the provider. The provider creates VDI at the backend and makes a virtual copy of the server for every business. Since the DaaS providers are managing the backend and servers of the cloud entirely, they are able to offer some amazing benefits to small, medium, and large enterprises. Read more to know what these benefits are.
Benefits Offered By A Desktop as a Service (DaaS) Provider
A Desktop as a Service provider looks after your hosted infrastructure, maintains security, and offers high-performance to execute every task without any hassle. Let’s explore benefits offered by a DaaS provider in detail:
- Advanced Security
When operating on office desktops, your organization is more prone to cyber threats and data breaches. However, contrary to this, the DaaS provider manages your cloud instance and offers you security. You don’t need to deal with a massive data loss every time a laptop starts misfunctioning. The cloud server is a high-security network that uses a series of security frameworks along with server and data redundancy.
Here’s how a DaaS provider secures your data:
- Your resting and transmitting data on the cloud is encrypted using TLS 1.3 and 256-bit encryption. This means that when you are transmitting data, any hacker may not decipher the data files inside this message.
- Hardware and software firewalls help you secure your data from unauthorized and unauthenticated access. This includes hardware firewalls for multi-factor authentication. Only people and employees of your organization get access to desktops. The software firewalls define the access offered to different users. For instance, not every person in the content team should get access to the entire marketing plan or every tool and software.
- The provider ensures OS hardening and patching to provide a secure operating system. This helps eliminate malicious attacks on your data and desktops.
- The security excellence team of the provider takes care of the network and data. They continuously monitor data and fraud activities via Intrusion Detection and Prevention.
- There’s also physical security, such as CCTV surveillance, to secure the premises of the cloud server.
- High-Performance Desktops
Every business needs some processing speed and performance power, which is offered by the hardware. When you are using cloud services, this processing power comes from the configuration of your desktops that are hosted on a remote server.
Your DaaS provider helps you improve your processing speed by offering you the ability to decide config, including RAM, load times, etc. You can deliver your resource requirements, based on which the provider helps you adjust the load time, RAM, storage, etc.
Even when your organization requires a few desktops that cater to the needs of resource-intensive applications, you can get high-performance virtual desktops, such as GPU-based desktops to process high-quality graphics.
- High-performance similar to high configuration windows laptops.
- SSD-based storage, which is quick, so you can retrieve and access data quickly.
- Due to high-performance servers and scalability, you can run many apps on virtual desktops at one time.
- Simple Access
We are operating in a competitive landscape, which requires an all-time laptop and office data access. You may have urgent meetings at odd times, sudden traveling requirements, or any other client demand. To fulfill these requirements, you need to access your data and apps remotely from any location.
Desktop as a Service provider helps you set up remote desktops that can be accessed from any device without any issue. Whether your employees need to attend a meeting or check the status of a task on vacation, they can achieve it without any issue.
- Personalized access from smartphones, laptops, tablets, or any other device that has an internet connection.
- There is no boundary of the location for accessing virtual desktops.
- The DaaS provider quickly sets up multi-device access for desktops connected to devices like scanners, printers, etc.
- More than one user can collaborate on one data file in real-time. The ability to share, modify, and communicate with data in real-time helps improve productivity.
Desktop as a Service provider helps you process data, access desktops, manage it, and maintain performance at an optimum budget. You don’t need to set up servers, create an internal infrastructure, or control the network. The best devices that you can use with DaaS are the devices you already have in your office.
- Decrease the cost of office infrastructure. There’s no need to purchase, set up, and manage servers and data centers.
- You don’t practically need to spend money on initial infrastructure. The expense of a desktop is also mitigated, as you don’t need to repurpose and repurchase desktops as soon as their configuration gets out of order. We can simply upgrade remote desktops for this purpose.
- The DaaS service provider works on a pay as per your use model. This means that you only need to pay for the services you are using at any payment cycle. This includes the scaling requirements too. If you use more storage half in the month and reduce it in another half, your bill will be adjusted according to the usage of each day.
Are you wondering how a DaaS provider can make your work processes hassle-free? Check the above benefits and understand the support provided by a Desktop as a Service provider. When you are implementing DaaS in your organization, remember to evaluate these services. It will help you partner with the right cloud provider without losing control over your desktops, apps, and data.
Learn more about Ace Cloud Hosting